IASR POLICY & MULTI-YEAR PLAN
The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (“IASR”) under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) establishes accessibility standards and introduces requirements for Information and Communications, Employment, Transportation, the Design of Public Spaces, and Customer Service Standards. As stated in our Statement of Commitment, Parmalat Canada Inc. (hereinafter “Parmalat Canada”) is committed to ensuring compliance with the IASR, as applicable. We welcome you to review our IASR Policy & Multi-Year Plan and review Parmalat Canada’s progress and success.
- Parmalat Canada has developed the herein IASR Policy to address the needs of persons and employees, as the case may be, with disabilities. Parmalat Canada has further developed a Multi-Year Plan to ensure compliance with the IASR and to continuously improve and better our policies.
- Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that all employees receive training on the IASR and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities.
- Information & Communications Standards
- Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that appropriate processes of receiving and responding to feedback in relation to the IASR are implemented and to further ensure that such processes are available in accessible formats to persons with disabilities.
- Emergency Procedures, Plans or Public Safety Information
- Safety and security of all Parmalat Canada employees and visitors is paramount to Parmalat Canada. To such end, Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that all emergency and safety protocols are available in accessible formats to persons with disabilities. Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that employees that have a disability be provided with an individualized emergency response plan (if required).
- Accessible Websites
- Parmalat Canada shall ensure that all Parmalat Canada websites are compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines at a 2.0 Level A standard and Parmalat Canada shall subsequently upgrade its standards to Level AA by 2021.
- Employment Standards
- Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that at all times robust and comprehensive employment policies are in place to address the needs of persons and employees, as the case may be, with disabilities. To this end, Parmalat Canada shall ensure:
- Recruitment: Parmalat Canada shall notify its prospective employees about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process;
- Assessment & Selection Process: Parmalat Canada shall notify all selected job applicants that Parmalat Canada has processes to accommodate persons with disabilities;
- Notice to Successful Applicants: Parmalat Canada shall ensure that successful job applicants are notified of Parmalat Canada’s policy for accommodating persons with disabilities;
- Support for New & Existing Employees: Parmalat Canada is committed to communicating with its employees on Parmalat Canada’s policies to accommodate employees with disabilities. The policies shall include a process for developing individualized accommodation plans for employees with disabilities;
- Return to Work: In the event that an employee is absent from work due to a disability, Parmalat Canada shall ensure that a ‘return to work’ process is implemented to accommodate such employee;
- Performance Management, Career Development & Redeployment: Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that needs of employees with disabilities are addressed in any performance management, career development or redeployment situations.
- Design of Public Spaces
- Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that all construction projects at our facilities are AODA compliant.
- Parmalat Canada is committed to ensuring that the IASR Policy is updated and reviewed on an on-going basis and no later than every five (5) years.
Customer Service Standards are addressed in the Accessible Consumer Service Plan
This document and all other required documents are available upon request. They can also be made available in an accessible format, upon request. Please Contact Us for an accessible format.